There is no greater dream than one that is held within your heart and keeps you moving forward when all else seems lost.

If you have read any of my books, and enjoyed it, I would like to ask you to return to its page where you bought it and leave a review. For it is only through your words that my books will catch on and be found by others.

Unfortunately, I cannot afford a professional editor. I have worked hard to edit my own books, but contrary to what my wife may think, I am no fool. I understand that no matter how hard you work to check your own work, it is extremely easy to miss errors. If you should notice any mistakes in my books, please let me know and I will try to fix them.

You can become a friend of Kenneth J. Ester on Facebook.

Learn a little more about Kenneth J. Ester

Follow me on Twitter @K_J_Ester



Check out some Author friends of mine. Authors List

May 17, 2012

Kenneth J. Ester - Author's Profile

Choosing not to go to college, I got a job in engineering, straight out of high school. That was a mistake, as I have been in the industry for many years and do not make very much of a living. With today's economy, the degree has become far more important in the field than ever before.

With the new year of 2012, came the worst six months of my life. It was one bad situation after another as my wife hurt her back and lost her job, I lost my overtime and we had expensive car problems hit. By June (the reason this post is marked for May, is so that it doesnt show up above my books posts) we were facing an eviction and behind on both of our cars payments as well as several other bills. When I went to my boss and asked him what I could do to build on my worth to the company, he pretty much said I couldnt.

I have always thought I liked the Engineering industry. While others complained, I was happy, as I liked that I was in air conditioning in the Summer, a heated office in the Winter, and never getting dirty. Little did I know that my discovery of my passion for writing would end all that.

In 2003, I started writing my first book. I spent my half hour lunch, every day, writing it. After more than three years, I finished and learned that it simply was not that good. That didn't matter. I was hooked and I knew that the more I wrote, the better I would get. As time has gone by, I realize I was right. I have been getting better as I continued to write. I was also losing my contentment in engineering.

Today I go to work and I do in fact work hard. It is not in me to fluff off at a job, and I do have great respect for those I work for and with. But I no longer want to stay in this field. With every lunch, as I am writing my book, my desire to be a full time author grows stronger. I will not be satisfied until I reach that goal.

I have never taken any classes on creative writing. English was not one of my favorite classes in school. This, I realize has slowed my growth as a writer, and I would advise anyone who wants to write for a living, to take classes if they can afford it. I never could, so I have learned to pay closer attention to the books I read. How they write, the styles as well as the grammar. One could say that I have learned to write from the likes of Robert Jordan, Terry Goodkind, and David Gemmell. It may have been a slower process, but I try to look at it this way. What better teachers can one ask for?

So I will continue writing.

Currently, I am working on what is temporarily titled, "The Mergings". I first started writing this book almost two years ago and for the life of me I have no idea why I never continued it. As much as I love my other books at this time, I feel that the Mergings will be better.

I have two Fantasy books available at this time. "Hell in a Storm" and "The Descent of Darkness" can both be found at Amazon, Barnes&Noble, and several other places. Hell in a Storm has received good reviews from the readers who have left reviews, so I decided to submit it to some on-line review sites. If it is reviewed and the critics like the book, I will then push, the Mergings, aside once again in favor of putting all of my time into finishing the third and final book of the Demon Siege Trilogy. However, if the reviews are bad, they will virtually destroy the chances of that series doing well until I have established myself. So I will then continue with the Mergings and the third book of the series will have to wait.

If you would like to see the third book of the Demon Siege Trilogy finished, you can help by spreading word of the first two books. Post links to it on your facebook, tweet about it, tell friends. The more who learn of it, the better chances of the books succeeding.


No comments:

Post a Comment

1